Your mind is incredible, and the brain is often compared to a bio-computer of sorts. Saying it's a computer, or even just behaves like a computer, is however, probably the biggest understatement of the century: Science has now proven that the mind has much control over the body in terms of health and longevity, and over our destinies in terms of wealth, success and prosperity. It’s so much a reality that it seems that believing in external factors only would be akin to believing the earth is flat. Still, what we’ve discovered so far is merely the very tip of the iceberg when it comes to the range and scope of the mind’s potential.

On April 2, 2013, at the White House, President Obama unveiled the “BRAIN” Initiative—a bold new research effort to revolutionize our understanding of the human mind.

The Initiative promises to accelerate the invention of new technologies that will help researchers produce real-time pictures of complex neural circuits and visualize the rapid-fire interactions of cells that occur at the speed of thought. Such cutting-edge capabilities, applied to both simple and complex systems, will open new doors to understanding how brain function is linked to human behavior and learning, and the mechanisms of brain disease.

As he addressed the audience at the initiative’s unveiling, President Obama said, “As humans, we can identify galaxies light years away, we can study particles smaller than an atom.  But we still haven’t unlocked the mystery of the three pounds of matter that sits between our ears… and the most powerful computer in the world isn’t nearly as intuitive as the one we’re born with.

So there is this enormous mystery waiting to be unlocked, and the BRAIN Initiative will change that by giving scientists the tools they need to get a dynamic picture of the brain in action and better understand how we think and how we learn and how we remember.  And that knowledge could be -- will be -- transformative.”

Most experts in the field of mind study agree that:

1. The mind is somehow capable of altering and controlling things formerly thought to be a matter of DNA, like for example, while closely studying patients with multiple personalities, researchers witnessed the patients’ eye color changing rapidly along with a sudden personality switch.

2. Only about 10% of the brain's ability is used by normal people, and the remaining 90% can be described as an atrophied muscle.

3. There is no law of human limitation except that which is self-imposed. Most individuals have literally been programmed like a computer, with what computer people call “GIGO”, or “garbage in, garbage out” behavior and responses. That means they have been subjected to repeated messages espousing self-doubt, fear, anxiety, and the like, making that programmed language of limitation their life script, their expectation, and therefore most of their reality.

Once again, the mind is the ultimate frontier and your potential is definitely yet unrealized. Allow our Guided Meditations to take your mind to the next level and help you heal faster, feel better and happier, and achieve whatever positive outcome you desire.

As always, HAPPY MEDITATING!

Renata Duma, creator of MEDITATIONWORKS and MW Guided Meditations.

Comment